Underneath it all

Underneath it all
I took the color out and you can still see me behind all the red.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Round 4 - Day 1 Change to Carac .5% Fluorouracil Cream

Application Day 1 -  I start my 4th round of fluorouracil cream for precancerous areas that cover most of my face tonight.  I'm a teacher and tomorrow is my last day before summer vacation, and also my oldest son graduates tomorrow night. Once tomorrow is over I am ready to hunker down for the month of June and get this done.  You can not imagine how much I am dreading this treatment, but its been changed up a bit this time and I'm fairly curious to see if the results will be different and if my reaction will possibly be less severe.

My last three treatments were with 5% fluorouracil cream twice a day for two weeks.  The results after my last treatment were not as good as my doctor would have liked.  This year he's doing it a bit different than in the past. I will be applying Carac .5% cream an hour before bedtime, once daily, for two weeks. I had a lot of concern about applying .5% once a day compared to my usual 5% twice per day, but I'll go into that with you another day.

It's now 8:00 PM and I just put my first dose on.  The very first thing I noticed that was different is that the Carac goes on very dry feeling and doesn't feel greasy at all like the Efudex.  There is no tingling or anything tonight.  I always really hated the greasy feeling of Efudex so already I'm hopeful that this will do the trick and maybe not be quite as bad.



Before Starting Round 4 (Cerac .5% this time), May 30th, 2016

1 comment:

  1. Hello can you please contact me naugy1019@gmail.com my best friend is starting this journey I need to help her

    ReplyDelete