Underneath it all

Underneath it all
I took the color out and you can still see me behind all the red.

Monday, June 15, 2015

Round 3 - Last day of Putting It On! - Application Day 14

Application Day 14 -  Today I have to take two pain killers, and even then it still stings.  The pain killers are helping me sleep at least, which passes the time.  Today is the last day I have to apply the Fluorouracil 5% cream.  It was so difficult to do.  My oldest who just got back from Canada came to visit and help me out today, which helps.  Anything that keeps my mind off of my face helps.  Hopefully in a week I'll be feeling and looking much better.  
I can live on popcicles and Icees at this point, I don't feel like eating, but I keep it up because I know I should, if not for me, for my boys.  Tonight I'm making a cold pasta salad with ranch, frozen peas and tuna.  I just want mild, and cold food.  I think that sounds like something I can handle.  I'd gladly just have an Icee, but for social sake, I made a salad.  Now I'm really sleepy again and off to take a nap until dinner.  

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Christina for sharing your journey. You are so candid and brave and it has helped me so much to read through your posts. I am 47, have 3 kids, am also a teacher - and am luckily on summer vacation. I'm on day 5 of treatment and can feel the dryness and stinging, but it's not too bad. My doctor gave me mupirocin ointment to use after day 14, did you use that? Also can you tell me how many days until your face looked normal again? My doctor didn't give me much info on how I'd feel so it's been really helpful to read your story... I hope you're doing well and are finally enjoying some much deserved vacation!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Christina,
    I feel as if I am watching myself. We look to be about the same age, both have blond hair, and I have 3 teenage sons. I thought I was being a wimp wanting to do nothing but stay at home, and hide. I really don't enjoy going out, and facing the world. Everyone is so kind telling me "it's not that bad" (umm yes it is I look horrid), sweet ladies at store asking what happened. You get the point. As I scrolled down your blog I realized you have done this three times!! OK you are way stronger than me. You go girl!
    I hope that you are fully recovered.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Christina,
    I feel as if I am watching myself. We look to be about the same age, both have blond hair, and I have 3 teenage sons. I thought I was being a wimp wanting to do nothing but stay at home, and hide. I really don't enjoy going out, and facing the world. Everyone is so kind telling me "it's not that bad" (umm yes it is I look horrid), sweet ladies at store asking what happened. You get the point. As I scrolled down your blog I realized you have done this three times!! OK you are way stronger than me. You go girl!
    I hope that you are fully recovered.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on day 5 1/2 of the treatment. Luckily I am only putting it on my nose and forehead. I'd love to know your results. Thanks for posting these pictures. You have really helped me see what is ahead. My dr wants me to keep going with the treatment for a month. I hope i have it in me!! You are an inspiration!! I'd love to see your after pictures!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to know if you're supposed to wash your face everyday or not please help. Today was my first day and I just want to know if I'm supposed to wash my face ever???

    ReplyDelete