Underneath it all

Underneath it all
I took the color out and you can still see me behind all the red.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 13 - Do Not Yawn!!!!


Tomorrow is day 14 of applying the Flourouracil, which is my last day.  I'm almost there!  I still have the healing phase to go through though and I hear the first couple weeks can be worse than this time that I have been applying the medication two times per day. 

Some interesting things are happening with my face. The color has changed from that inflamed blistering red to a brownish red that is drying out and scabbing up.  I've been really good at not picking at it or scratching at it so far.  It's not too itchy yet, so that hasn't really been an issue.  It does feel like my face is cracking if I smile, or even worse...yawn.  Whatever you do, DO NOT YAWN!   I have a couple little dried up blood spots on my face that must have come from smiling,  laughing, yawning, or sticking to my pillowcase at night or things like that.  I've put hydrocortizone on a few times.  Not because my Dr. said to, but  because I read on someone elses blog that it helped.  It stings really bad at first, sometimes I catch myself saying ouch among other things as I put it on, but after a few minutes it does seem to help.  I bought the extra moisturizing kind, I prefer this to anything greasy, like I said, the greasy stuff just feels nasty on my face.  

I feel like I have a touch of the flu or something today.  I'm sick at my stomach and have a headache.  I don't think it's from my treatment though.  Hot food still sounds bad, popsicles are like heaven.  Ouch, I just yawned. 

1 comment:

  1. I was directed to use 7 days initially. Was the 14 because of severity or a second attempt or another reason? It sucks. I hate putting it in after the first couple days.

    ReplyDelete