Underneath it all

Underneath it all
I took the color out and you can still see me behind all the red.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 6 Significant Redness

Last night it was difficult to sleep due to the pain in my face.  It feels as if I am severely sunburned.  I got a bit of sleep if I didn't move, but any movement of my face stings and wakes me up.  On my sides I crunched up my pillow behind my ears, so that nothing was touching my face.  This was the only way I could get comfortable.  I never sleep on my back, I guess I'm going to have to learn how. 
This AM I applied some hydrocortizone to my face because it felt really uncomfortable and I had read that it helps with the discomfort and dryness from  the Flourouracil.  I honestly can't say that it feels any different.   Carmex is a must, which as I said seems strange because I am not applying the medication to my lips.   I'm holding off as long as I can on Ibprofen because I figure I have a few weeks of this and I don't want to harm my liver.  I noticed on another blog they were taking Tylenol for the pain.  For myself I will take Ibprofen, because I think the antiinflamatory benefits may help a bit too.  I am not a doctor, so please check with your own doctor.  I'm one of those people who are really bad about calling over the little things, and most likely will not have contact with mine until my appointment on August 15. 
One thing to note; I live in the hot and humid south.  When I went home to Washington State for awhile this summer, my skin dried out quite a bit, it seems to not dry out down here in the hot and humid Florida summers though.  Before I began this treatment, I figured that the humidity probably helps, and that doing it in the cold, dry part of the winter might feel worse.  Please remember, I am in no way a medical expert, or medical anything and these are just my personal opinions and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment