Underneath it all

Underneath it all
I took the color out and you can still see me behind all the red.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Healing Day 5 - Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 - get you some!!


The pain medication has really made me feel human again.  I have slept, and feel so much better.  My face is still red, and peely and it hurts.  It's not too itchy, but I do have to resist the urge to peel it. I noticed by the face print of skin on my pillow that my face is still sticking, the good news is that because of the medication I didn't feel it and slept through it. Yeah.

During this healing process my face is more dry and cracked than durning the medication phase.  Today I went out school shopping and it was Clinque Bonus time, so I asked the Clinque lady about a super moisterizing creme that would help, but not be perfumed or have harsh chemicals.  I usually avoid products with oil, but I told her that is not an issue at the moment.  The product she sold me is like a gift from heaven.  Most of the other products I tried were heavily perfumed, and would sting when I would apply them.  Also as I have mentioned many times, I can't stand the greasy Vaseline type ointments, and hydrocortizone while it helps is not meant to go on constantly. 

Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 age defense moisturizer feels so nice.  It really made my scabby, peely skin feel much softer and moisterized with no added pain.  It's not oily either.  It is what I have been looking for all along.  It's allergy tested and 100% fragrance free.  Even the Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizer was heavily perfumed and stung my face.  This 1.7 oz jar of Clinique cream was a little over $40.  I believe it is worth every penny.  I will definatley have a jar on hand for my next round of topical chemotherapy. 

I went out shopping today, because I go back to school tomorrow.  I got a few looks, but they don't bother me too much. One person told me yesterday that she thought I was having Retin A treatments or something. I did buy myself a big straw hat to wear outdoors, especially at recess.  I still have a week before the students return.  My biggest obsticle at the moment is staying ahead of the pain, when it hits, it hits hard, and avoiding the sunlight.  Just a second or two of direct sunlight on my face hurts, so I have to be quick at getting in and out of buildings etc.   

No comments:

Post a Comment