Underneath it all

Underneath it all
I took the color out and you can still see me behind all the red.

Friday, July 18, 2014

Round Two: Day 11 Burn Victim

Day 11 - July 18, 2014
 
Ouch!!  It hurt's.  Today I took my youngest son to see the Planes Fire and Rescue movie.  It hurts to go in the heat and sunlight at all so I dash from building to truck, and back into a building.  Since today was the premier of the movie there were a few Forest Service firefighters on hand to meet the children. My son proudly told them his mom used to be a firefighter.  I talked to them for a minute about the fires up at home in Washington State, then took Riley to get popcorn. 
 
While we were standing in line I noticed them glancing our way and talking and didn't think much about it.  I know I look kind of odd, and actually when I was speaking with them I forgot how bad I looked.  It hit me when we were in the movie.  They probably thought I burned my face up when I was a firefighter.  I was very amused the other day while watching a YouTube video of a Fluorouracil patient who was making jokes about working at the nuclear power plant.  Of course my fun was unintended, although equally amusing. 
 
Here is the link to the referenced video clip.


No comments:

Post a Comment