Underneath it all

Underneath it all
I took the color out and you can still see me behind all the red.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Round Two: Day 12 Radioactive

Day 12 - July 19, 2014
 
There is a popular song this summer "Radioactive" that my boys frequently sing.  It often reminds me of my face.  I don't think it looks as red in this photo as it really is. 
 
I feel very nauseous this morning.  I took Phenergan for it a couple of days ago for it, but it made me feel jittery and like something was crawling on me, then knocked me out.  I slept GREAT! Not sure I can handle taking that again though, the jitter things were horrible.  I always seem oversensitive to medications.  
 
24 Treatments down and 4 more to go!!!  I'm in the homestretch now!  Next week I have two teacher workshops to go to that I'm dreading.  One is a district wide conference at another school where most people won't know me.  I'm really dreading that one.  The other one is at my own school where I know everyone and at least they know my story with these treatments so its not so bad.  My reaction as far as my face being red is not as bad as last time.  I've used no other products other than the fluorouracil cream on my face, I just wash gently with warm water splashes in the shower and a gentle wipe with a warm washcloth.  I use my EOS mint lip balm like an addict all day and night.  My bandana really helps keep my hair from getting in my face and sticking to it, I couldn't handle this without it right now.
 


1 comment: