Underneath it all

Underneath it all
I took the color out and you can still see me behind all the red.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Round Two: Healing Days 21 and and 22 Things are Improving

 
Healing Day 22, 7/29/14
 
I'm starting to look and feel quite a bit better.  I still have rough scaly patches over most of my face, but the redness is fading, and the cracking is calming.  My lip is still cracking and bleeding, but it is gradually improving, as are my spirits.  I made it out to purchase back to school supplies for my youngest and my own classroom today, I stayed out of the sun and went pretty early.  I also wore a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses the entire time.  No one seemed to notice, except maybe my lip a little. If I start to break a sweat, it stings my skin, so I'm still avoiding my workout.  Maybe in a week or so I'll be healed enough for that. CeraVe and Carmex are the only two products I'm using on my face.  I'm so scaly that I know makeup would look horrible and accentuate the flaky skin.  Once things smooth out a bit more I should be able to wear makeup again, in time for school even.  I've made it through the worst part, and the healing is happening fast now. No steroids this time, and my cheek did not crack open.
 
I'm kind of freaked out when I see how much of my face turned red, and had sores.  My lips! Wow!! For how bad this looks, it would look much worse if I had to have these spots cut off in the future.  I'm glad my dermatologist discovered these early and even though it really, really, really sucks, I'm glad I am able to use Fluorouracil cream to keep it under control.  Yes, glad. The 2nd time around, while still sucking big time, was not as bad as the first time for me.  I've heard others say it was worse, we're all different.  I think for me, knowing what to expect and what helped made it easier.  I also had a lot of positive support at home which helped.  Thanks to everyone who helped me stay positive through this.  Giving up is not an option.  
 
Healing Day 21 - 7/28/14

No comments:

Post a Comment