Underneath it all

Underneath it all
I took the color out and you can still see me behind all the red.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Round Two: Day 8 Cold

 

Round Two: Day 8 - 7/15/2014
 

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.  This morning I set up the dining room for my 6 year old's birthday party (family only) tonight, ran to Walmart and did a few chores.  I ran into a friend in Walmart who saw my face and asked if it hurt. 
 
I'm in Florida remember, notice my sweatshirt.  I'm freezing again.  My face hurts, stings hurts, and I feel very nauseas today as well.  I cringe if a child, pet or hugging person gets too close to my face. I'm cracking around my lips, and  starting to get small red spots.  Red dots randomly decorate my cheeks, eye browns and jawline like bulbs on a Christmas tree.  I wore a hat outdoors today, and tried to run quickly from inside the car to inside a business.  I don't think I can go out much longer, if the sun hits me it hurts, and makes me pretty red. 
 
So far I'm still not as bad as last time.  It did take a little determination to apply the fluorouracil cream this AM.  It's like putting salt in a wound.  I must thank the other bloggers out there for sharing your own stories.  It's helpful to read other's experiences, because we all hit different hurdles and find different methods to get over them.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have been helped a lot from reading about your story. I am on Day 10 of my first round of doing this on my chest. Pretty bad! Doc says to stop at ten days, so I am.
    Got a very strong reaction. Lots of burning, itching and redness. Wearing a sarong and nothing else.

    Your story was very supportive. Your skin looks beautiful now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I'm sorry you had to undergo treatment, I bet by now the skin on your chest looks beautiful! It's nice to know my blog is useful to people and provided support to you when you needed it. I'm on day 7 of round 3 of my treatments. The Dr. says I get to do them yearly now. Please keep us updated on your journey and thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete