Underneath it all

Underneath it all
I took the color out and you can still see me behind all the red.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Round Two: Nearly Three Years Later


Before my 1st application of Florouracil 5% cream for my 2nd Round of topical chemotherapy on my entire face 7/7/14. It's been nearly 3 years since my first round. I've been instructed by my doctor to apply a small amount twice daily.





Day 1 -1st morning after one treatment the night before 7/8/14.  Not much happening yet, just a tad bit of pink in my cheeks.  I reread my Blog to refresh my memory and get ready for the next month.





Day 2 - 7/9/14 feeling a little sensitive like a light sunburn, just a little more pink.  Today I got a headache that wouldn't go away for anything and felt a little sick at my stomach.





Day 3  - 7/10/14 Some light red spots are starting to stand out.  My skin burns if I go outside, it's July here in Florida and in the 90s.  The headache is back with a vengeance.  I took ibuprofen and Tylenol which didn't help.  My skin is just a tad bit red still, I'm pulling my hair out of my face because it feels irritating on my face.




Day 4 - 7/11/14 I'm getting some red spots on my cheeks and a few spots around my lips.  Today water made me feel sick, but in the evening the headache and nausea seemed to subside a bit.  I don't look too bad yet, I'm going to brave it while I can and head downtown to a reggae concert tonight for a bit.  Hopefully they have the AC cranked and maybe in the dark no one will notice how red I am. 

3 comments:

  1. Just reading through your blog for the 2nd time. I start treatment tomorrow, so i'm super nervous, but i feel very prepared thanks to you...
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started today this help me to know what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started about 12 days ago and wasn't so crazy red and burning until two days ago. It's coming... Only doing forehead and nose this round.

    ReplyDelete