Underneath it all

Underneath it all
I took the color out and you can still see me behind all the red.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Round Two: Healing Days 15 and 16 It Ain't Over Baby 'Till Its Over

 
 
Healing Day 16, 7/23/2014
 
Going to my workshop yesterday was probably a mistake.  Most people seemed to avoid looking at me at all which made me feel like no one wanted to talk to me.  A few of my old friends were there and I sat with them.  They were around the last time I went through my treatment, and seemed comfortable wit me, and could joke around like normal.  I'm scabbing up.  My lips are a mess.  I don't regret treating them though, especially if it saves me from getting them cut off later.  I'm in quite a bit of pain.  Last night I resorted to taking a Phenergan just so I could sleep.  I did.   You can see my little scabby areas.  The sides of my neck, top of my nose and lips are the most ugly and painful at the moment.  I haven't been doing so much of the oozing and sticking to the pillow case this time.  I saw a tiny bit of blood on my pillow this AM.  I have not felt the sticking to it sensation yet, thank God! 
 
Today I plucked my eyebrows which seems pointless if you look at my face.  It reminded me of something that I thought I should remind you about.  Its simply impossible for your doctor to sit there and tell you about every little detail that could happen. Anyway, point of story,  DO NOT WAX while you are doing your fluorouracil treatment, not on the treated areas anyway.  I had bright red eyebrows for about a month last treatment after making that mistake.  
 
 
Healing Day 15, 7/22/14

2 comments:

  1. it will soon be over. I feel the same way...if I could go back I would NEVER get in the tanning beds or lay in the sun . I was dumb and stupid and now pay the price.
    When I was at my very worse look on the second time around, I told my husband I should go stand in the suntanning lotion Isle at Walmart and wear a sign telling teens this could happen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the smiles you give me!! I love your Walmart idea! Today I joked with my oldest at the drive through about how I should have been more careful around the fryer. Of course the window was closed and the people inside couldn't hear, but it was hilarious to us. Trying to keep everything positive! Yes, it will be over soon. It's like watching the clock. Are we there yet?

    ReplyDelete